Monday, June 3, 2013

A little more Cali and a lot more fun

On the road again, we have a lot more of Cali to visit!
That is my too-much-car-time face.
 
 We got a great visit with my grandparents in Sparks, which is always ridiculously entertaining given they are the cussing and drinking sort. Me, my Baba, and my mom just sitting around looking pretty.

Really wish we got to see them more often!

 Then it was off to my dad's house in Forest Ranch, CA, right outside of Chico. He has a sweet piece of property, but the most amazing part is this regulation and CHALKED badminton court in his front yard! We invited my cousin Paul over to complete our four-some and the games were on!
 
 Some pretty fierce badminton games took place if I do say so myself. 
Here is my cousin, Paul, me and my dad ready for action.

 Also got to play around a bit on my dad's 4-wheeler...fun! Loving motorized anything nowadays!

 Then off to San Francisco, the coolest city around.

We got out and stretched our legs and Trev piggy-backed me up some hills because that is a very good way for him to remain the studly stud that he is. 

 And we watched some surfers under the Golden Gate and Trev was jonesing a little wishing he could join in. 

But instead we walked across the Golden Gate and it was cool.

Then we hunted down an awesome vegan restaurant in the city for lunch and I was drowling and wishing I had that many options every day. But then again, that might make eating out very difficult. This is basically how Trev and I roll, a little yin to a little yang, a glass of green juice to a pint of beer. It must be why we jive.

We visited some city peeps including Trev's cousin, Robin, who just moved back to the Bay from So. Cal with her fam. Haven't you heard? Stripes are where it's at.
 
  
 And I got to walk and explore the city with my godmother, Berta, who is amazing.

 Then a Giants game!!! Ohhh yaaaaaaa!

We went with Scott and Peg and Halley and rocked our Giants orange all the way!
 

Garlic fries; a necessary indulgence I concluded.

I really do love baseball.

 
Because Trev was lacking his Giants garb (maybe because he is a Mariners fan?), Peg kindly lent him some hair. :)


This stadium is so sweet. Aahh, love.
 
 
 And things got crazy and the game went into extra innings and Panda hit a homer to tie it and my eyes went wild and Trev's hair blew into a mohawk and the computer just turned this pic upside down and we had the best game night ever. Go Giants! (I think Trev might be converting his allegiances soon.)


 And we capped off our San Fran stay with Trev's Aunt Peg, so great to hang in her style-y S.F. abode. 

Wow, what a whirlwind of fun! Next stop, Hwy 1 to Santa Barbara baby!!!
Rollin', rollin', rollin'.....



No comments: