Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The White Stuff Returns

 The transition between summer and winter this year and probably every year moving forward will be judged upon the seamless funtrain  of being in the desert one weekend riding moto, then the very next weekend riding sleds in waist deep pow.  It happened this year and it felt so right!  Chels and I went up for a scenic cruise on a loaner sled last weekend..  My sled hasnt arrived yet, although its supposed to show up tomorrow!!!!!  Luckily for me, I am buds with the Doo dealer in town and he let me take a demo sled for the weekend because he knows how badly my itch is to get on the sled.  

Chels, making a rather bright looking angel in the snow.  

Ski Doo came out with a new chassis in 2013, It took me a bit to figure out the balance points on the new chassis.  Luckily, toward the end of the day I had er pretty dialed in.  Something about low face shots on a sled, I have yet to find much better in life.  I was so, so pumped.  It had been since late February since I had been on a sled..  Way too long.  
 
Chels and her expedition mittens, expressing concern that if her hands are "freezing cold in November, what is going to happen to them in January?"
 
I got out skiing last week for the first time too!  Felt awesome to be back on the boards ripping around. 

No comments: