Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Outstanding with a big ol O

I feel like the moto crew and I have traveled far and wide in search of epic trails all over the inter-mountain west.  We are never disappointed  to any of the cool places we have explored whether it be in the desert and or the mountains.  But I gotta say, the boys and I both trips to North Idaho kept saying "this is the best mountain moto in the west!"  Growing up in the area and not being into moto at that point I had no idea the adult playground that was right out my back doorstep.  NOw that I do, I want to make an annual pilgrimage each and every year.  Of course it is also highlighted by getting to stay with my Mom and Dad who run the best Moto B and B this side of the MIssissippi!  My Dad pulled the ultimate bro move this year and shuttled our truck and trailer 6 hours into Montana and back and met us 10 hours later after we rode a 70 mile epic.  Thanks again Dad.  

Drew and Steve, crossing one of the what seemed like hundreds of scree fields.  Yes, it's as sketchy as it looks, but once you get the hang of it and gain some confidence on the moving rocks it is actually a ton of fun. 

 Sometimes the trail goes right down a creek.  Hah, advanced apologies Dad!  We knew you would be fired up on this shot!  We didnt kill any fish, dont worry.  

 Drew charging, with the CDA River basin off below and the Cabinet Mountains in the distance.  

 This days ride was super burly.  It straddled the Idaho and Montana border the entire way.  We can across snow which I couldn't believe was still hanging around given that the elevation of the highest peaks in the area top out around 7k.

 Me with the Jordan Saddle and the rest of the amazing CDA River network in the background.

 Moto'ing, its an adventure!  70  miles is a hell of a long ways to traverse in a day in the mountains.  Invariably it requires route finding, map skills, and a lot of patience!  

 Hell yea!

No comments: