Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spectacular

 The last few years I have gotten more and more into road biking.  As with all of my pursuits, it seems when I decide to get into it, it's normally all in!  Road biking has been such an awesome way for me to keep in good shape, all the while not pounding my body anymore like when I used to run all the time.  Just like with sledding, I had no idea what Jackson had to offer with road biking potential until I got into it.  Well, just like everything else in Jackson that is fun to do outdoors, its pretty much impossible to beat.  Nowhere else in the country can you leave your office at 5 and be seeing images like this, without car traffic literally 10 minutes from your desk.  It's insane.  

Last summer I religiously started doing the "group rides" on Tuesday nights.  Its a type A activity, make no mistake about it.  But if you have the right mindset, its a ton of fun.  This past Tuesday the crew opted to head up to GTNP for the evening ride and we were rewarded with kick ass tailwinds, no car traffic, didn't see another human for 40 miles, and views that certainly aren't tough.  
 
The lead out crew, ripping along, with a ray of sunshine coming through Cascade Canyon.  Life is good in JH! 

No comments: