Saturday, May 9, 2015

Monthly Wanderings in Big Wonderful 307

My monthly road trips for work vary depending on where kids I work with are placed.  Right now, I am going out to Torrington (Five miles from the Nebraska border), back to Casper, up to Worland, and back to Jackson.  It is a lot to digest in two days of traveling, but it's easily one of my favorites parts of my job.  A few days ago going over Togwotee it looked more like January rather than middle of May!  
 
After wrapping up work for the day and seeing a good break in the action with the rain, I jumped on my bike and went for a 60 miles spin to see what I could find.  I found the Ayers Natural Bridge.  This is between Douglas and Casper, WY.  
 
 Pretty sweet lil place to have a sip of water and an energy bar.  

 And further explored some awesome county roads that went all the way into the Medicine Bow mountains via a bunch of really pretty ranch land.  

 Then, the next day, I tackled Casper Mountain.  Its a sweet climb out of the city (by Wyoming standards!) up Casper Mountain to Hogadon Ski Area.  It was a beast!  And it snowed the night before and was a wickedly cold decent back into town.  

More backroads of WY. 

No comments: