Tuesday, May 17, 2016

One damn good time

 Super fun weekend getaway last weekend down to our ol stompin grounds, Bear Lake.  We used to go down there a few times a year but haven't in the last couple, exactly why, I am not sure because it is so close by and it is so awesome!  

I rode in my first sanctioned, categorized bike race down there, the Bear Lake Classic.  I ran in the master 35 plus and Cat 4/5's.  It was such a blast.  Pretty intense.  Ended up getting in a tie for 2/3rd and was a within 10 seconds to the guy who won our group.  Top 30 out of over 200 total.  So, it went well, I didn't embarrass myself, and most importantly, had a ton of fun and am now hungry to do more of it!  

And I will get all I can handle in September as I heard late last week that I got into LOTOJA via the lottery!  It is the longest (over 220 miles) single day road race in America from Logan, UT to Jackson.  Me and the above bike are gonna be spending some quality time together between now and then!  

 Post race celebration with Dash, a beer, and my podium prize.  Yes, that is a three burner grill.  Into the storage unit it went saved for another day when river trips come back into our lives.  

 Hanging at the beach with these guys was nice, really nice.  



And this dude easily won the how to get to the start line in the coolest way award!  Sweet set up huh!  I was extremely jealous needless to say.  Can anyone say retirement options? 

No comments: