Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Kansas

I know, I know... It has been a while.  Needless to say, I have been busy, hurt, and the last month got away from me.  Where did I leave off...., ohh right.  Kansas.  Racing bikes.  


This was a day before shake out ride.  There were 5k racers for Unbound.  Such a cool event.  


Guy on the right I was bs'n with.  He played on two super bowl winning teams and said he was more nervous for the bike race than he was playing in two super bowls!


My bike, the night before all the carnage that ensued.  


Morning of at the line.  I was at the front of the over 1000 person pack heading out of town.  


First aid station 80 miles in before I crashed, twice.  


This doesnt really show the extent of how badly I crashed.  Concussion.  Massive road rash.  Ambulance.  ER.  The whole nine yards.  



Not a good picture.



 Luckily I had no TBI and or neck damage.  I guess there is a first for everything in life.  It was the first time I had ever been in a hospital in Kansas with no id, no money, and just in spandex.  

No comments: