Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tarot Believers?

So I had a really cool experience this weekend, I went to a friend's birthday party and got my tarot cards read! It has always been something I was interested in (I love horoscopes and the like), but never enough to go seek it out and actually get it done. Well, I have to say, I am a fan. It was a really really cool experience.

This is how it worked, my friend Mindy had a table and two chairs set up in her bedroom, so your reading took place privately away from the group. You went in and were supposed to have two questions in your head to ask. The woman told you to think of your first question in your head and then shuffle the deck of tarot cards, pick 11 cards and hand them to her face down in the order that you wanted her to read them. Then she laid them out and asked you what your question was. It was very interesting because although she obviously has a little background on the subject, she was definitely pulling stuff out that I hadn't told her anything about and it really hit home. I feel like deep down, you already know the answer to the question you ask, but the insight she gave me was pretty amazing coming from someone you don't even know. It was a very cool, eye-opening and positive experience for me and for all the others who tried it...highly recommended if you have been pondering the idea.

Have any of you ever had your tarot cards read? Or want to?

No comments: