Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In with the new






A couple of weeks ago I put my snowmobile up for sale online and didn't really expect to sell it given the economic climate at the moment. Sure enough, two days later I had gone for my last ride on my old sled and sold it to a friend who I used to work with a few years ago. Was stoked to keep it in the friend network.

So, this left me sledless! Hmmmmm, in the land of small world, I met the owner of the Ski-Doo dealership here in Jackson while on a train in Switzerland in January. He and his wife were over there to watch the world cup races too. We ended up befriending them and skiing/hanging out with them in Kitzbuhel.

I called him up to see what kind of wheeling and dealing could be done, and he basically came up with a deal on a new 2009 Ski-Doo 800 Hill Climb Edition that couldn't be passed up (or thats at least what I told myself).

Took it out for a 70 mile "break in" ride today up on Togwotee Pass with my buddy Johnny. Suffice to say, it rips.

No comments: