Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More of our wonderful weekend

Now I like summer, don't get me wrong, but fall, fall you have my heart. Seriously, I love fall, the colors, the crisp air...and I think that was why I loved our weekend so much, because it was a Hello, Fall! trip for sure.

We camped right near here on Saturday, pretty pretty, huh? I love that little sign. That kind of type always reminds me of cartoons, can't you just see Yogi the Bear popping his head into the side of this pic to say hello?

This is another falls that we walked up to, Bechler Falls, and that boy would not stay out of the water! Good thing I brought a good book to keep me occupied. I once said I thought I wanted to learn how to fly fish, but I think I was kidding.

Now this is love. I told Trevor he had to pull over so I could run around in this grove of trees because Jackson doesn't have any vibrance this year and I was going through withdrawal. Plus this just makes me happy!

This was one of those jackpot finds, you know, let's drive down this road, follow that sign and see where it takes us...well hello Horseshoe Lake! This was the coolest little place ever. Believe it or not, the lake was shaped like a....yep, you guessed it, a horseshoe. And parts were covered in lily pads which are really fun to kayak through AND, best thing ever........

...it had a floating dock thingy!!

Now that was the coolest thing ever (I think). We layed on it in the late afternoon sun and I read a book and jumped around and Trev fished off it and I felt like we kids were in an old school movie where we didn't have a care in the world all day except counting how many times we could jump in the water and I vowed that when we own a house on a lake one day or maybe when we own a little lake, that a floating dock is the first thing I am going to make Trevor build.

Some camping goodness here.

On our way home we drove the Grassy Lake Road which is 35 miles of dirt road over the Tetons that drops you between Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. A nice little stopping point in the middle at Grassy Lake for Trev and I to fish and read, respectively.

You see those sparkles, it really looked like that.

No comments: