Friday, September 4, 2009

Today....

My dad turns 60!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
My dad is the best, here is what I want him to know I appreciated...

• Thanks for walking me down the aisle and looking so handsome

• Thanks for waking us up every morning with loud music

• Thanks for being the only person (besides Marco) who I wanted to talk to after skiing horribly in a race

• Thanks for making us eat a grapefruit every morning

• Thanks driving me to early bird French class in high school and talking the whole way (I hated mornings and couldn't get as much as a grunt out that early, but I did appreciate not driving in silence!)

• Thanks for chopping firewood all summer/fall...I was way more interested in laying around and reading than helping you, but I loved having fires all winter and never having to turn on the heat in our house my whole childhood

• Thanks for letting Marco and I throw snowballs at you from inside our snow forts when you got home from work

• Thanks for snowblowing the driveway for us a couple times a day (it snowed A LOT where we lived in Tahoe)

• Thanks for building the best house ever for us to grow up in and working so hard on it always, including trying to keep the deer out of the garden and the bear out of the compost!

• Thanks for giving me my love of spice, the hotter the better! I remember challenging each other to eat those tiny little peppers of fire that you grew and I had to hold my tongue under the faucet for 20 minutes to stop the stinging!

• Thanks for Sundays in the fall when we would drive to town, get donuts and the Sunday paper (loved the comics) and then would settle in for a Niners game.

• Thanks for supporting everything Marco and I did and being our biggest fans (along with Mom)

I love you Dad...please come visit!!!

xox Chelsea

1 comment:

Rena said...

Nice, Chels! Happy Birthday Paul! I keep thinking about your 50th when you were one with the parachute! xo
Rena