Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More 'biling

I am pretty sure I mentioned somewhere that this weekend was epic riding conditions. So much so that I went all three days without even thinking about going skiing instead. I am unabashedly, officially, addicted!
Above shot is of my sled bud Johnny launching a cornice.

On the ride out on Sunday we were following a pretty massive set of wolf tracks.


Johnny on a borrowed sled still managing to rip it up. On Saturday at the very end of our big ride Johnny's engine completely seized just before I burned up my drive train belt. We had two sleds that were in big trouble 20 plus miles from the nearest trailhead. Luckily my was an easy fix with a new belt, but Johnny's not so much. We towed it off a hill and down into a meadow and then rode double all the way back to the trucks.

Then the next day Johnny rode in on one of his company's sleds to pick up his personal sled.


This was Tim and Johnny pulling Johnny's dead sled up the last big hill before getting it back to the truck/trailers.

Part of snowmobiling that is so appealing to me is the camaraderie and teamwork associated with being miles and miles from any civilization and or help in the dead of winter. You really count on your buds and decision making.

No comments: