Sunday, July 22, 2012

Floating In The Rain

Trevor just got home from a week float trip on the Smith River and I leave tomorrow to coach a ski camp in Mt. Hood, so on our one day overlap in Jackson we thought...what a great day for a float!

Well, the sunny morning was so tempting we went for it, but by the time Trev did the car shuttle and got back to me and the boat at the put-in...the sky was looking DARK.

I would say the rain started approximately 3 minutes after we got on the river. 
Actually, I am revising that to DOWNPOUR...for 2.5 hours. We went with it (well, we had to, nowhere to hide out there) and it was really fun. 
Let me say, maybe not the BEST day for the white skirt. : )


 We did get a peak of the sun right near the end of the float which was nice of Mother Nature.

What does Trev always say...there is never a bad day on the river? 
I might believe it.

No comments: