Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Idaho and Wyoming Robinsons

Winter visitors are not nearly as frequent as summer it seems.  However, those that do brave the cold are usually rewarded with all that is kickass in Jackson in the winter!  My folks came down for the run up to the New Year and a couple of days after.  It was awesome having them here.  And......., it allowed us to do something new, even for us locals....., take a winter tour of the National Elk Refuge.  It was really cool.  

The WYIDO Robinsons.  
 
 Chels, looking hot, per usual.  

 The ol man in the frozen tundra of the Elk Refuge!  
We toured around on the sleighs.  

Yep, those are really big bulls, just hanging.  Right now there are only about 3,000 elk on the refuge mostly because there is still a lot of forage to be had down low, but once winter hits harder in the coming weeks, the biologist expect there to be upwards of 7,000 elk on the refuge.

 My parents are always up for a good adventure and love to snowshoe, so, we headed up to GTNP and went up Blacktail Butte one day.  I dont go up there every winter, but when I do, I am always amazed at how surreal of a place we are lucky enough to call home.  

I dont share the same affinity for snowshoeing that my parents do, so, I skinned up and skied down.


 Lunch and tea break with a view from the summit.  

 I love you guys!

 Keeping it Real Yo....

 Doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

It hasnt snowed now in ten days, but......when it stays so cold, the snow remains awesome. 

No comments: