Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Desert Love

We had an amazing trip down to Moab this last weekend to celebrate Trevor and Marco's birthdays. It was so nice to get into warm weather (it was in the low 70's and we were all overheating!) and to ride bikes where we can't quite do that in Jackson in the muddy off-season. Some pics of the beauty...

Cactus flowers lighting up the desert landscape.

Our sweet camp! Slickrock and the rest of Moab was absolutely packed, so we ventured a little outside of town and found a spot all to ourselves that totally rocked. You can see our new van with the awning out, yep, that is how we roll...camping in style!

 I couldn't get enough of these beauties!

 Of course I needed to get a little yoga in...

  
 as the sun set. Aaahhh.


 
 Keely and Anna and I standing around the fire and most likely solving the world's problems.

  
And then the full moon came up! So beautiful and bright we decided to go on a moonlight hike and ended up having a midnight moon dance party way out in the hills.  


 
 The next day the biking began. Megan, Keely, Marco and Anna loaded up their bikes to go be badasses somewhere.

 And I got my new moto (and hand-me-down) moto gear on. Ready to ride...eek! A little nervous to try it for the first time.


 But I don't know what I was so worried about...this is SOOOOO fun!!! I absolutely loved dirt biking and the spot we were at was the perfect place to learn. (soft sand to fall in!)

It was such a cool feeling to try something new. I couldn't get the huge grin off my face all day, so much fun and I have to admit, I am a little addicted already!

There is a huge smile under that helmet. Such a great weekend with amazing friends and new experiences, many laughs, a few scrapes and lots and lots of fun! Loving life for sure.

No comments: