Friday, August 19, 2016

Work wanderings.

 One never knows where work is going to take me.  No sooner did I finish up going to essentially the Nebraska border once a month for about 18 months, ......, now it is looking like I will be getting to go to the greater Denver, CO area for the next year.  

Which rules because it's rad there, and I can stay with friends and fam.  

First go around, thought it would be fun to ride my bike to the top of the highest paved road in the good ol USA.  

 Mt. Evans, near Evergreen, CO.  It was an 8,000 plus ascent, and totally rad.  


 I did pick a pretty gnarly August day to do it on though.  I got snowed, hailed, and rained on, with a bit of lightening and thunder thrown in too.  

The road up Mt. Evans is nothing short of downright amazing.  

 Just before climbing the last 1,000ft to the top.  

 Onward and upward.  

 Climbing looking across at what was to come.  

 Pretty amazing tarmac given the elevation and what winter must look like up at that elevation.  


Cruising by Echo Mountain.  

Thanks to Lins and Jeff for the hospitality and to Lil Kar for the ride in the morn.  Stoked to see you guys every month for a while!

No comments: