Monday, August 3, 2009

Lots of changes

A rough week last week, I became a product of the bad economy and got laid off on Wednesday from the job I had been at for 3 years. :( With two days notice, my last day was Friday, so I am a free woman now...eeek, I know. I was in shock to say the least, especially getting the news when Trevor was out of town and unreachable on a backpack trip until Friday! Thankfully Ted was around to commiserate with me, otherwise I might still be sobbing to Stevie on the couch!

It was a good test of my optimism that's for sure and for a day and a half I was really bummed. I am of the opinion that everything happens for a reason though, so I am going to make the most of it! My plan is to start my own freelance graphic design business and I am trying to get things in order with that, so I will keep you all posted! We did have to celebrate new beginnings with an awesome Jackson weekend of course!

Saturday we took out Ted's "party barge" (his raft) with Parker, Arlo, Cody, and Jocelyn which was perfect, relaxing and hilarious, of course. This was Trev's position the whole float, standing up and fishing. Ted, bringing the "party" with his sombrero, on the oars.

Tangled up in fly-line.

I did get a little time on the oars (photo from Jocelyn Hoffman)

A glowing fish butt.

On Sunday Trev and I decided to try something new and headed over to Grand Targhee to do some downhill mountain biking. You pay for a ticket, ride up the chairlift as many times as you want and there are varying degrees of single-track trails to the bottom.

The view from the top of the lift! Beauty.

Me, zooming. The wildflowers were amazing!

Trev on fire.

Kind of strange feeling to be on a chairlift with shoes on!

First run down, I was a little hesitant (haven't been mountain biking much yet this year!), second run down I had a lot more fun, letting it go a little more and having a blast!

Maybe got too confident? Third run down I flipped over the handle bars twice. The second crash was face-first into a rock garden, thankfully nothing cracked or broken (besides my front brake handle which snapped off) Just a huge cut-up fat lip which kind of makes me look tough I guess.

I guess it was just one of those weeks.

No comments: