Thursday, August 20, 2009

A no bullshit fish story!!!!!!

First things first............. This is a fish story that is 100% true! I went fishing this afternoon up on the Gros Ventre River about 15 minutes out of town. The fishing was about as good as it can possibly get. The fish were coming to the surface for big dry flies, it was 85 degrees out and life was good. I caught this pig on a "Willies Ant" behind a log just below the town of Kelly.

I measured it honestly at 26 3/4 inches, easily making it the largest trout I have ever caught. It took me probably 10 minutes to land it and I was able to safely release it back to the river to be caught another day.

The picture was taken via my cell phone which was the only form of documentation I had on me and unfortunately I didn't put my rod next to the fish to give some perspective as to just how masive this Cutthroat was. Anyhow, it was an experience that I will relive for a long time to come and never forget!!!!!

2 comments:

Rena said...

AWESOME! Where were these guys last week!! xo
R + J

Jason R said...

Here you go Trev: http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/11-year-old-school-girl-catches-9-feet-long-193-pound-catfish/