Thursday, October 22, 2009

Driving Madness

I just got back last night from one of the most fun, amazing, empowering trips I have ever been on. My friend, Mindy and I drove from Jackson Hole to San Francisco (about a 15 hour drive) and did the Nike Women's Half Marathon last weekend, raising $ for a foundation called Triad Trust. Unfortunately Trev couldn't come because he started his job this week, so it turned into a great girl's trip.

First stop, Reno to visit my awesome, wonderful grandparents who never fail to crack me up. Next we hopped on to Tahoe and arrived for a Friday night at Marco's house in Truckee (we left Jackson at 4am so we would have more hang-out time with our cool Tahoe peeps). We were lucky enough to get a visit from a whole group of friends and fam, Megan Ganong, Katharine Lange, Josh Transue, my mom, my dad and his girlfriend, Garee Lynn, and Liz Kenny. We ordered Prado's pizza, played a fun game called Catch Phrase and laughed the night away. So much fun, I wish we all lived closer!!!

Driving across Nevada model shots

This is the wind-blown hair look, modeled by Mindy Baker

Mindy is driving with her feet from the passenger side!

Look, no hands!

Driving AND looking pretty. Alright Nevada is a bit boring to drive through, have to get creative to stay entertained!

At Marco's house with him and my dad. Oh and did everyone know that Marco's new sponsor this year is Budweiser??? Yep, look for some cardboard cutouts in your local liquor store and pose it up with him!

Dad and Me

A typical family photo with my mom...we are so photogenic.

Bright and early on Saturday morning we hopped into the car to head to San Francisco, Mindy's first visit to this beautiful wonderland! More to come...

No comments: