Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Cal Is Da Bomb!


We just got back from an extended jaunt to Southern California seeing family over Thanksgiving. It was AWESOME!!


Started things off by visiting my 90 year old grandma "Grannie-De" in San Diego. She isn't 90 strong for no reason. She still gets into the weight room almost everyday!



We stayed at my grandma's retirement home and spent a ton of time in the pools messing around with the self timer on our camera.



Hiking near Torrey Pines.




My Mom was down in San Diego too. I guess going on a big ol hike wasn't enough exercise for my mom and Chels?



My mom and her college roomate "Susanna" who joined us on the hike.



Got to squeeze in a round of golf with my bud George who lives in San Diego too.



Did I mention we spent a lot of time in the pools?


Swimming with a friend is not only "encouraged", it's a ton more fun.



Pink was the color of the day, clearly. At the train station in Solana Beach saying goodbye to Grannie De.



Me, on the upper platform waiting for the Amtrak to take us north up to Santa Barbara.



Some of the killer views out the window on our train trip from San Diego up to Santa Barbara.


Yes......! Beach House arrival after a day of train travel.

No comments: