Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Mind Is Summer Bound

After last weekend down in the desert and temps this week in Jackson almost reaching an unheard of 60 degrees, I am pretty ready for spring! Here is a smattering of shots from the weekend that was down near Green River, UT riding moto with Matt and Curt.

Matt, charging up a gnarly ridge.

Curt battling loose sand, rocks, and dirt to the top of a steep climb.

The uber secret location we went to was amazing. Single track for miles and miles. We didn't see another human for two days!

I was able to ride most all of the hills, but a couple were a bit beyond my skill level, so, Matt was nice enough to walk back down, grab my new bike, and get er to the top.

The first day the wind was blowing hard enough to swipe you off a cliff if you weren't paying attention.

Epic terrain! We scavenged far and wide for cool trails and found all kinds of killer features.

Cheers boys, that was an amazing day of moto.

Sitting by the campfire, totally worn out, but stoked.

Me, doing my best not to tip my bike over in a techy section.

If there is one thing I have learned about motorsports, they dont always go as planned. A lot of flexibility is required. Matt got a flat miles and miles away from our camp, but, luckily he and Curt are jedi masters when it comes of bike repair and they fixed it in no time.

Curt navigating one of the more memorable sections of singletrack.

Pretty sweet little slot canyon with just enough room for a bike.

This hill had me super "gripped" and I just about went over the handlebars. I am still trying to figure out proper throttle, brake, and clutch control! There is a ton going on, you have to use your head a lot more than when riding a mountain bike!

Matt descending into more radness.

Once back to SLC Matt put a little TLC into some parts for my bike.

I already want to go back!

No comments: