Sunday, November 29, 2015

SB done well again, to be repeated.

 Some things in life truly never get old.  Being able to be in Santa Barbara a couple of times a year at least certainly is one of them!  If we could find a way to split the year between SB and JH, we would do it!  It is paradise!  Everytime we are lucky enough to spend time down there I am always amazed at just how rad of a place it is.  

After two days of driving, we caught this beauty the first night!  And...., we had the beach house essentially to ourselves the first weekend before over 50 family members showed up.  

 I feel lucky to be a morning person with a young kid!  Early morns dont bother me a bit.  And, well, when you get to make coffee, hang with Dash, and watch this scene unfold every morning, its no big deal that its 5 something in the morning!  

 Easily one of my favorite parts of being in SB these days is the road riding.  I am sure there are other places that would rival SB in the states, but I think pound for pound, it has some of the best, if not the best road riding available.  I can see why a lot of the pro teams do elongated training blocks there.  Hills, coast, windy roads, perfect weather, etc.  

I rode just about everyday we were there knowing it would be the last blast of outdoor riding for close to 5 months for me.  The group ride scene in SB is outstanding and makes me wish we had a bigger scene here in JH.  Last Saturday there were at least 60 people who showed up for a group ride!  Felt like a Tour de France peleton all 80 plus miles!  

Getting to a top of a climb en route from Carpinteria up to Ojai.  

 Refueling and taking a nature break.  

Already can't wait for May to be back down in SB and riding with this crew again. 

No comments: