Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boston...good times

So...I had a GREAT time in Boston last week! Being my first time to the city, it was not at all like I had expected, it was a lot smaller and laid-back than I had envisioned and I loved it! My trip started out with a couple days of all Liz, which was awesome. I got a personal tour of the city on foot, we ate at the famous and best pizza joint in the Italian part of the city, Regina's Pizzeria, we got pretty manicures, Liz graduated, we went shopping (!), we ate lots and lots of great food including Indian, Thai, Ethiopian and a special shout out to the peanut butter frozen yogurt that Liz found for me knowing it is my FAVE! Here are some of my favorite pics of us and the city.

Me being a city girl!

My gracious tour guide, the beautiful Lizard.

Liz graduates grad school. Smarter than she looks. : )

Boston had so much more color than Jackson, I was loving it!

A little art

View from our Italian lunch.

Liz running with the pack. Chuck looking on, not as amused as I was.

Wren Miller, me and Liz.

A Lizard in the window.

What day isn't complete without modeling? Me, Wren and Liz...pic taken by Lindsay Gourley.


Liz and I (after manicures, note the beautiful traffic-stopper red I'm sporting) at Gaslight where she used to work.

No explanation needed.

Oh ya, and for the Red Sox fans...we got a couple free tickets to both games of a double header! So much fun, made lots of friends in the stands, well that was until Liz asked me to hold her beer and she sits down only to jump back up with arms over her head 2 seconds later when a great play happened...knocking her beer out of my hand and 4 feet in the air in a beautiful spiral arc right on top of the large bald body-builder two rows in front of us!! Not everyone was as happy after that one! Oops.

Day game.

Night game. (Way better seats!!)

And I did go to the HOW design conference too which was a fun time. Liz lived 10 minutes away and would walk me there every morning, it was great. Some of the sessions were awesome and some were a little disappointing as you would expect of any conference I guess. Now the hard part, harnessing the creative juices and try to actually put into use everything I learned...yikes!

At the HOW Conference in Boston.

The largest conference they have had yet, over 4,000 creatives in one building!

View of Boston in between conference sessions.

No comments: