Monday, May 5, 2008

It's my personality

So, I have been reading this book and I am completely intrigued. It is called Do What You Are: Discover the perfect career for you through the secrets of personality type by Paul and Barbara Tieger and I am loving it. On top of that, I think because of it Trevor finally realizes why maybe my closet is not quite as spic and span as his...maybe.

If you have ever heard of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test, this is what the theories in this book are based off of and I think it is really cool. First of all you determine what personality type you are based on the four dimensions of personality type, extraversion/introversion, sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling and judging/perceiving. There are 16 different combinations of these dimensions and therefore, basically 16 different personality types out there.

I am an INFP which they say is approximately 1 percent of the population (I feel special!) To sum it up, I focus my energy on dreams and visions, I am open-minded, curious and insightful, I seldom express the intensity of my feelings to everyone, but once I know you, I am enthusiastic and warm. Friendly, but tend to avoid superficial socializing and tend to treasure people who take the time to understand my goals and values. And it goes on, but no need to write a novel here. It also lists some of my shortcomings (what??) but no need to dwell on those. : )

I thought it was so accurate that I made Trevor figure out his personality type too and he acually liked it. He is an ISTJ, responsible, trustworthy, organized and loyal. If I had hired someone to follow him around with a clipboard for 6 months I don't think they could have summed him up better.

I thought this book was so accurate and it gives great insight to your own personality that might make you see some of your actions (or others!) in a different light. Go check it out. I know it changed Trevor's view. He finally realizes that it is not my fault that I am not the cleanest and most organized individual. Sorry Trev, I can't help it, it's my personality!


What is Stevie's type you ask? It's Cute, although he prefers handsome. Seriously, it is the 17th personality type and he is the poster child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how funny, I'm an INFP too!!! I am pretty 50/50 with the I/E, depending on where I am/ who I'm with (and how much alcohol I've had ;)