Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No, I am not a "motorhead"

While my parents would let you believe that I am now an official "motorhead", not true......! I just like having fun, so, if that involves engines, ohh well!


I took the new bike on a ride up to Slide Lake (frozen mass in the background). It was a really cold ride, but fun to get out nonetheless.

From the "only in Jackson" files............., Bison roaming along the highway on the way back to town.


This winter's massive snowfall is starting to melt ever so slowly on the valley floor. We still have record snows up high in the mountains though. I love the way the valley looks when there is a mix of brown and white like in this picture.



Right....remember that, "I am not a motorhead" comment, well, I went snowmobiling with Tim over the weekend too. We shot up to Togwotee for a morning of riding. The snow was pretty firm, so, we could ride just about anywhere without the worries of getting stuck.

Me, getting ready to drop into the Breccia Cliffs Area. This was the first day of May, and, rather fittingly, it was snowing and cold.

Tim finding one of the few soft pockets of fresh snow.

Tim climbing up from the depths.


Needless to say, much of the sledder community seems to be "over" this winter. We were making fresh tracks the whole morning.



If things continue to go like they are right now, we will be riding sleds up on Togwotee easily into July!

No comments: