Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Almost at a loss

for words to describe how epic of a weekend a few days ago.  Non stop moto all day, hang with my folks, and soak up the radness that is where I grew up.  Still glowing!

Looking down the city beach toward my buddies houses growing up.
Post 80 mile moto ride swim, downtown CdA.  Love this place.
One of the bigger takeaways from the weekend was getting to see so much country that I had never seen before in a short amount of time.  Steve, looking down on Lake Pend Oreille 3,000ft above lake level on the "Green Monarchs."  The Monarchs are often seen from lake level, but to actually ride to the top of them via moto took hours of gnarly singletrack to get there, but wow, insane view! 

It wouldn't be a true adventure if two out of three of us didn't run out of gas and have to siphon.  Hmm, 91 Octane for dinner?  

After Steve siphoned from me, I eventually ran out of gas trying to limp back to the truck to meet the boys.  I came up about 5 miles short.  Luckily, the North Idaho woods are filled with folks that think driving roads, shooting guns, and drinking beers is a national sport.  So, I hopped a ride with a gool ol North Idaho boy who was drunk, packing pistol heat, and just driving around with his fam.  In true Idaho fashion, he and I threw my moto in the back of his truck and he gave me a ride back to where our truck was parked.  I have found that moto's seem to be universal currency for other people that are the type of folks that dont drive by someone in need, rather, pull over to help them out.  

My moto in the back of the truck, all empty.

North Idaho has so many insane moto trails its truly mind boggling.  Drew, looking down at the Clark Fork Delta.

We started one of our rides right in town on Canfield Mtn and ran into my mom, the dogs, and one of her buds who were out on a hike.  

Top of Canfield Mtn, looking south down to good ol Cda....

No comments: