Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wanderlusting in Whistler

So, I just got home from an incredible 4-day trip to Whistler where I attended Wanderlust, a yoga and music festival, with 8 other friends from yoga teacher training last fall. It is hard for me to put in words how inspirational it was and how happy I feel now, but it was a trip well worth the price in gold. Here is a summary in pictures...

At the top of the gondola at Whistler, getting ready for a rooftop yoga class and feeling pretty blessed to be alive.


With my yogi girls!
Me, Leah, Karoline and Ashley.


Ashley, me and Karoline...hot pants ready for some inspiring yoga in the d'Om!


 The view from our rooftop yoga perch at the top of the mountain.
 

Oh, Canada!


Olympic man on my stomach.



And I took a slackline yoga class that was awesome.
Here is savasana, the final resting pose on the line...I am floating!



Native American drummers to assist our yoga practice.



Slackline yoga play on the lawn with the d'Om in the background.


One-leg slackline balance...next up, headstand. Hahah!


A little bit of beautiful Whister...I really love it here.



 MC Yogi rocking it out.



Outdoor yoga class by Lost Lake in which I got stung by a bee on our nature walk home. On the butt.



Acroyoga flyers, rocking violinists, awesome dancers and DJs...this was pretty amazing.


For the more "famous" yoga teachers, this is what the classes looked like, packing them in.


 And this was yummy.



A speakeasy talk by Shiva Rea, a yoga goddess.


This was a little difficult on a downhill slope, on gravel, with my shoes on, but you get the point!



A lot of happiness and love being spread to the world.




Attempting to sit on the line, eventually pushing up to stand...need a little more practice on that one!
 

 
Our little yoga tribe doing our thing in the Olympic rings.
So great to share this experience with all of you! 
Until next time my favorite yoga friends!
Shine OM

No comments: