Monday, January 11, 2010

My Weekend was Bogus

So I decided to coach the J4/J5 team this year for the Jackson Hole Ski Club. This is a group of awesome 10-12 year old ripping little racers. This weekend was our first race and because Jackson is kind of far from anything, a lot of travel is involved to compete with other race teams. This weekend we drove to Boise, Idaho (6 hours away) to race up at Bogus Basin, a ski area that sits a half hour and up the turniest, most car-sick inducing 14-mile road ever, above Boise. The kids ended up ripping and skiing really well, but man it was a hectic and tiring two days! Here are the couple cool pics I managed to snap...

We stayed up on the mountain, thankfully because I do not like long turny roads! This was walking out our condo in the early morning, moon is still up and the fog is just lurking and looking cool.

On Saturday the whole mountain was fogged in all day, but Sunday we woke up with a view and just a light layer on the race hill that you can see across the valley in this pic. That is one of my kids waiting there for me to ski over there with her.

Skiing down to the race course, isn't it neat and eerie-looking?

I ended up taking these shots while skiing down! I figured I brought the camera, so I had to document something, but I got so busy that I only found time for these quickies as I was skiing and holding my gloves in one hand, camera in the other and trying to capture how cool it looked!

Later in the day when the fog burned off. It was pretty up here, Boise below. The worst part? Driving the 6 hours home and crawling into bed at 1:30am...ugh.

- Chelsea

No comments: