Thursday, January 28, 2010

Schweitzer is my Favorite!


Two weeks and counting until Chels and I hit the road to travel up through Coeur d' Alene, Idaho (Where I grew up) en route to Whistler and the Olympics to watch Marco. We are going to get one if not two days at Schweitzer Mountain where I grew up skiing. It's funny how nostalgic you get when thinking about to where you learned to ski and all the awesome memories associated with it. Adam left some pictures on our computer from his trip there over X mas and I am taking the liberty of posting them because Schweitzer has been on my mind!

Having called mountains such as Jackson Hole, Bridger Bowl, and Squaw Valley USA as my home hills, Schweitzer is still easily my favorite place to ski on the whole planet. I know it like the back of my hand and love its down home, North Idaho, funky vibe.

And, the pictures don't lie, it's so damn beautiful when the sun actually shines.

Chair #4 with Lake Pend Orielle in the background, on a clear day at Schweitzer you can see into British Columbia, Montana, and Washington, all the while standing in Idaho.


Adam with what is easily of the best views in all of skiing.

No comments: