Sunday, January 10, 2010

Please snow!


Another sweet day riding with buddies in the backcountry! I know some of you might be sick of snowmobiling shots, but it's my newest passion, so, too bad! As soon as we start getting more snow, then I promise there will be some ski shots!

Cody and I rode up Mosquito Creek in the Snake River Mountain Range today. Bluebird and awesome!

Cody managing to steal a gaze at the camera all the while ripping a right hander!


One of my favorite attributes of snowmobiling is that I am still pretty new to the sport. Every time I go out I learn something new and improve, which is fun! I never have any problems getting excited to go skiing, but with the little snowfall so far this winter, I certainly have been more motivated to sled and improve with this new pursuit!


Love this shot. Color coordinated and looking rad, Cody!


When I got my first sled a handfull of years back, I thought it was going to be as simple as sitting on the thing, giving it some throttle and all the rest would be easy. Not so much! It requires an immense amount of strength (the sleds weight over 450lbs), balance, and agility. Of course riding on groomers is like skiing on groomers, it doesn't take a huge amount of skill. But when you get off the groomers, a whole other world exists of sidehilling, creek crossings, sharp turns, et. et.

The shot above assures you that sledding is as big of an exercise as anything! We call this "trench warfare". Cody is in a trench close to 5 feet deep that his sled dug while we were continually trying to get him unstuck! Getting stuck sucks!


Cody with an up close and personal shot of me.


Seeing my new rather bright outfit reminds me that I am sporting the colors of the Slovenian World Cup Ski Team! Oops, sorry Marco. Still rooting strong USST all the way!

No comments: