Sunday, July 18, 2010

Something new


I work a flex schedule and have every other Friday off. It seems I end up working these Friday's and try to stockpile the days for vacation time. I usually end up working until 3 ish and then taking off to go do something fun. The other day I ran into "Pat" who I used to take on trips all the time when he was a kid while working at TVRC who grew up here in the Valley. He was home for a couple of weeks between guiding fishing trips in Russia for the summer. What better excuse to winch your boat off of a steep embankment into the rarely floated Hoback River?

Above is the raft being winched down via the winch cable and the bow line about 100 yards to the Hoback River.


Pat and Cody after the Hoback River met up with the much larger Snake River. We caught a bunch of fish on the Hoback and didn't see another soul.

No comments: