Saturday, September 25, 2010

Best of the summer!


I have been trying to play as much golf as possible this summer. As strange as it sounds, the most affordable golf option for me here in Jackson is actually over in Idaho a good 45 minute drive away. All the local courses here are either private and or too expensive. I tried to go over at least once a week after work and when I could on the weekends this summer. My game has been showing signs of improvement.

This morning was one of those rounds that was as fun as golf can be. I was first on the course and had it all to myself. I started off slow and was 2 over after 3 holes, but then hit a hot streak and was 3 under par going into 18. The Links (course I regularly play in Idaho) is a par 71, so, all I had to do was make a bogey and I could have shot my first round in the 60's since high school when I was playing all the time. What do I do, go and hit it in the water and make a double bogey and shoot 70. It was still my first round of 18 holes under par in a long while. I was super stoked!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Getting ready for Thanksgiving and gunning for the "Ugly Monkey"!?!?! You'll have to do this well to come home with it after all the great rounds you've shot over the years! Go for it!
Scott