Thursday, September 16, 2010

Night Floating

Last weekend, while Trev was still on the Smith River with his dad, I got talked into a "late afternoon" float by Ted. It was a beautiful warm fall day and I wanted to eek the most out of my weekend, so why not?

Our crew, piloted by Ted...Jason, Brock (hiding behind Ted) and Andra also joined in the fun.

It was so gorgeous out that we had to pull over and enjoy the sunshine while it lasted.

Posing it up at our "Eddy Party"...go Giants!

And then the sun dropped and we still had miles to go and then it got cold...

Still pretty though...check out those Tetons in the alpenglow.

And then I was pretty over it. I don't really remember being this happy when we were rowing in the dark with a new moon, but I guess the good company kept me smiling.

This is more how I remember it. Okay, who wants to paddle faster? : )

But we made it (pulling out at 10pm) and it was gorgeous and although I am not the hugest fan of cold, dark, night floating, I have to admit I had a great time. Have to maximize the summer while it lasts!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ummm Ted - you can paddle now...