Monday, November 8, 2010

Definitely our new sport

We had a great idea at the Ski Swap on Saturday, why don't we try to find some cheap nordic gear so we can go play in the snow...well what an amazing idea that turned out to be! We took our new (awesome and probably at least 20 year old) gear up to Togwotee on Sunday and I don't remember ever laughing at Trevor as much as I did that day. Oh, fun times.

Decked out and ready to roll..."This can't be too hard"

We had some snowmobiling tracks to cruise along in which were awesome until your ski got stuck in some icy groove that was bound to tip it on it's side, roll your ankle and flip you over on your back while you flailed to try to get your balance (well, that was Trevor's experience at least).

This is what I got to witness most of the afternoon and I've never laughed so hard...I didn't think I would see the day where Trev wasn't an instant pro at every sport! He was convinced that my skis were "fatties" compared to his because I wasn't falling as much.

The Pinnacles are always a sweet backdrop.

Trev slowly getting the hang of it. Actually while I stood here taking his picture (keep in mind this was the first time he hadn't fallen for 150 yards), he started picking up his pace and passed me saying "Sochi 2014!"

Mid-way through we stopped for a little tea and a breather.

Don't be jealous, but these are our awesome new digs! Pretty sweet, huh? Mine are the white, pink and teal "fatties" on the right.

On our drive back to Jackson the imminent storm was hung up on the Tetons and the sun was glowing through the clouds. What a great day, weekend and life!

No comments: