Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

It's November 11th. I woke up this morning and was stoked to be an employee of the State of Wyoming and have the day off. Then, I started thinking about the reasons as to why I had the day off and it hit me. I am lucky enough to live in a country that I can essentially do whatever I want, whenever I want. So to all the Vets, I say thank you! It is really easy to loose sight of the fact that we have troops serving in combat zones right now while I sit here typing this getting ready to go ski powder.

So, this post is essentially a Thank You to all the Vet's.

Keelan, one of my favorite Vet's all pumped up on America last year at the Olympics! Keelan flew Blackhawk Helicopters for the Army in Iraq. He is a badass!

Besides piloting one of the meanest helicopters in the world, Keelan is a 100% great dude, and loves life as much as anyone I have ever met. Thanks Kee...

Ahh, one of my other favorite Vets! My good high school bud Adam Grace. "Grizzwald" flies C-130 cargo planes for the Air Force and is still currently serving for the Florida National Guard and just returned from Afghanistan last month. Grizz always downplays his career and experiences as a pilot along with all the wild places he has served our country, but dude is a badass too!

Grizz knows a thing or two about skiing deep pow too! Last winter up on Teton Pass getting some.

Grizz and Me, hanging at the tram dock on a pow day, Jackson Hole

Can't wait to see both of these guys next month down in Colorado.
Thanks again for all that you do serving our country!


And, then there is my bud George Schmuke......He fly's the biggest, fastest, coolest big boy toy on the planet. His toy makes my snowmobile look like a hotwheels toy! F-18 jets for the U.S. Navy. George has done numerous tours flying the skies over Iraq based off an aircraft carrier out in the Gulf. Again, complete badass! Landing a jet on a moving runway in the middle of the ocean. Freakin awesome.

George, really stoked to see you next weekend in San Diego, play some golf, and hang.

Ohh yea, Happy B Day Mrs. Shirley!

No comments: