Friday, November 2, 2012

Costa Rica part 2

 A little more of my Costa Rican paradise here before getting back to real life!

 I loved this little gal that welcomed me at the front door every day.

On our days off we would usually walk down the hill and beach it. This was one of our first excursions where we found a coconut and since we left our machetes at home, we tried every other possible method to crack it open. P.S. we were successful, it just took awhile!

 We walked for awhile to find this huge empty beach.

 Another activity I tried out on one of our days off was aerial silks...so fun!

I totally thought I had it mastered just getting this far off the ground 
(hey, it seemed really high!)

 Some jungle beauty

And now because of the awesome backdrop on the yoga deck, we all had to get some yoga poses in!
 



 Ta-da!

 Arguably one of my favorite activities (if you can call it that) ever...hammocking!

  
And you saw the infinity pool where we spent most of our sunny day, non-yoga time? 
Pretty gorgeous. And trust me, my back isn't that bony in real life. That awkward behind the back prayer pose just plays tricks on the eyes. : )

 My friend Sara with the tiniest, cutest, little baby gecko ever. 

 Can you say aaahhh....
 This is at the top of my mental snapshot album and I will be pulling it out frequently this winter when I am battling frostbite and other not so fun cold winter things.

 Now, you remember the pics of me earlier...um, ya. This is the girl who was teaching us aerial silks and came and did a performance for us on our last night. A girl can dream, huh?

 This is 5am on our last morning before departing my friend Ashley and I decided to get one last sunrise yoga session in on our beloved deck. 

 And Mother Nature did not disappoint. 
We got a truly spectacular and tear-jerking goodbye.

 Goodbye beautiful colors of Costa Rica...on my way home to a brown, black, white and gray world!

 Our little jumper plane flight from Tambor to the larger city of San Jose.

 A few of us spent one last night in San Jose before early flights out and explored the city which just seemed loud and crowded compared to our little haven of the last month.

 A birds' eye view.

 Some painted beauty.

And the best welcome home surprise, I ran into Shannon Happe in the ATL airport during my 9 HOUR layover there! We had no idea, but I saw something she posted online about her running to catch her flight in Atlanta and I just happened to be camped out at the gate right next to hers! It was crazy and great. We got to catch up, ate a delicious meal at the food court and parted ways. A wonderful way to be welcomed back to the states!

Adios Costa Rica, you are lovely! It won't be the last time I am there, that's for sure!
Pura Vida.



No comments: