Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a ride......

It's hard to remember back to March of this year when I got a new moto and dove white knuckles deep into a new sport.  I am fortunate to have a bunch of buds who are awesome to ride with and really patient.  I learned so much this summer about riding, adversity, myself, strength and fun while  in the saddle of the KTM.  I ended up riding 50 days!  It will be a summer that I forever remember that I largely devoted  to riding dirtbikes.  Needless to say, as I am sure you have found by reading the blog, I am smitten with the pursuit.  Its so much damn fun!  

Last set of desert riding from two weekends ago.  I am going to miss this!  Curt, dropping into what is hard to tell, but an unbelievably "techy" double step down. You can see Matt and Aaron down below.  I was up above contemplating how to send it and not hurt myself.  Moto is if nothing else......, committed.  

 The boys.....we found some new singletrack up toward Price that was out of this world!

 Almost all of the trails that have now become so popular in the Moab area were originally built, made, and maintained by dirt bikers long before mountain bikes even existed.  GIven that the government has no money to maintain trails, this responsibility has fallen upon coalitions that volunteer their time to build new trail.  Awesome.

 I wasn't sure if I would fall in love with moto.  I didn't grow up around moto's and had no knowledge of how to ride a moto and was honestly a bit afraid of the big power they put out.  All my sled buds said I would love it given I liked sledding so much.  Trusted former mountain bike junkie buds swore it was just like mountain biking, except a ton more fun.  Well, all true!  

 Matt, hitting new trail amongst huge boulders.

 Yea, nothing like airing off a sandstone rock formation and then bottoming out your suspension!  Matt is 6'5" and over 200lbs and sends it, thus, the bottom out!

 All the signs of a life well lived.


 Baaaaaaaam.

No comments: