Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pura Vida

Well, I made it home! I spent a month in a beautiful Costa Rican paradise doing yoga every day and became stronger emotionally, mentally and physically than I ever have been. I am also a certified yoga teacher now!  I was in Montezuma, a small town on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, at a place called the Anamaya Resort. It was such an amazing experience that is a little hard to describe, so maybe some pics will help. As they say in Costa Rica...Pura Vida! 


 Our little yoga haven perched above the jungle and overlooking the ocean. 
And that is me being a dancer.


This was the "yoga deck" where we started with an early morning yoga class each day and basically stayed here for anatomy lessons, practice teaching, meditation, group talks, etc. 
Such an amazing view I tried to breathe it in each day I walked out here.

  
Montezuma was the town at the bottom of the hill we lived.

  
A little peek of Montezuma beaches that we explored on our days off...(every 6th day).

  
Can you beat this? Ahhh.

 Posing with the jungle beauty.


Did I mention the food was amazing too? A lot of pineapple, guava, plantains, coconut milk, passion fruit, lycees and delicious organic home cooking...we didn't starve, that's for sure.


 A lot of monkey business.


 This little monkey ran across the roof and jumped in this tree waking us from meditation.


Our friendly little pazote that hung around all the time hoping for handouts...he was the cutest, kind of like a mix between an anteater, a raccoon and a dog. I wanted to take him home as a pet, but I don't think Stevie would have approved. Plus, he has big claws.


The little sunning iguana I stopped to say hi to everyday...showing off his yoga moves.


 Can't beat the infinity pool for lounging and noodle races! The ocean would be different colors everyday, here it is brown from the river run-off after a night of torrential rain. (By the way, it was rainy season, but we lucked out with mostly sun and the occasional downpour day which I really liked.)


 Serenity.


 The most amazing tree I have ever seen. Usually full of monkeys, this was right outside of our cabina and I would just stare at it and soak up its awesomeness every day.


 The little cabina I stayed in for the month, called Casita.


 It seems a little dull at home without these luscious colors!


This carving was in one of the outdoor showers...it makes me happy.

I will post a few more pix in the next couple days!

No comments: