Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Taking Stock.....

on the extended spring, summer, and fall that was.  I usually think of summer ending the first time I go skiing in November.  Well, I think instead of riding sleds and skiing this weekend like I normally try to do by Vet's day, it's going to be a blizzard fueled fishing mission instead as there probably wont be enough snow to ski/sled on.  Hard to believe, but this summer was my 15th here in Jackson.  I decided to keep track numerically of my favorite pursuits just to see how the numbers stacked up.

Golf- I recommitted myself to my love of the game and played 45 rounds.
Dirtbiking- Wow, how could I have known I would fall so in love 50 times!
Floating/Fishing-Not nearly enough, but still managed 23 days on the river.
Road Biking- I don't really know of any other town in this country that you can leave from your office and hammer amazing bike paths in a National Park!  It's insane.   I rode my road bike 86 times this summer.  
Kayaking-  Chels and I didn't kayak as much up in GTNP as usual, but Slide Lake quite a bit.  7 times on the kayak.
Nights Camping- Perhaps in my mind the best barometer of a great summer.  I slept out under the stars, in Rex, or in a tent 32 nights.  

All and all, a banner summer.  

It doesn't seem to want to go away.  I golfed last weekend in a t shirt in November.  Unheard of.  

Hmmmmm, should I add paragliding to my list of summer time activities?  Every time I am up on the King or out at the Village I see it in action and I think about it.  Ok, settle down......, one thing at a time. 

No comments: