Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Nothing to Joke About


April 1st on Togwotee Pass after work today looked like this! I don't know a lot of places in the world that you can ski knee deep powder one day after work, then mix it up the next evening and snowmobile waist deep fluff. Yes, we are lucky to live in Jackson.

The riding was insane tonight! It was right up there as one of the two best days of the whole winter. I sat at my desk salivating over the Togwotee Pass Web Cam all day long and once I got cut loose, I bolted with my bud Tim up to score on the white gold.

Me dropping into the goods. It was mid winter quality snow in April. Big surprise, the parking lot was empty and we didn't cross over another track, most guys have long ago given up on winter, while ol man winter came roaring back!

Tim diving in.


It was almost deep enough to be too deep! Even though modern day sleds are amazing pieces of machinery, they still get stuck in the deep stuff.


My view got obstructed on this turn.

No comments: