Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lofty Goals

First off, we had an awesome time in Sun Valley last weekend hitting up their closing day festivities. However, I broke out little camera the week before and the bigger camera is difficult to bring along everywhere with you. So, bear with us while our little camera is being warrantied. We had a friend in Sun Valley taking lots of pictures, so when we get them from her, be on the lookout for them.


Getting a new job last fall had me really concerned over what a "real job" with real hours might do to my winter recreating. I have been insanely lucky since my college days to have had really flexible winter schedules that have continually allowed for me to ski everyday. So, I set some goals for myself in October before the winter started refusing to adhere to the mantra that ski bumming is done once you soccumb to the dreaded 9-5 schedule. I thought skiing 100 days and snowmachining 30 days were within reach. Fortunately, Jackson is a place you can on your lunch hour or after work. I counted all the days that I only took one run after work as a ski day. Trying to accomplish this goal, I hiked and skied in the dark and bitter cold a lot. I snowmachined even when the conditions were less than ideal. But damn it..........

I did it!

I am sitting on 105 ski days with plenty more coming and have the sled in storage with 30 days exactly.


We are leaving tomorrow for our "spring break" trip down to Zion National Park in southern Utah. We are going down there to hike around in the warm weather for a few days. Should be some beautiful pics, tune in next week!

No comments: