Sunday, April 25, 2010

Zion!

We just got home from an awesome amazing trip to Zion National Park for Trev's birthday (which was on Saturday). We left Wednesday afternoon, drove most of the way there, slept in a hotel and trucked the rest of the way arriving mid-day on Thursday. After setting up camp we decided to go on a quickie little hike and look what we found!

On our way up to Observation Point

Posing with my new Mystery Ranch backpack, can you see it?

Loving the rock stripes, it is so amazing here. Trev checking the depths.

Some little canyons I was obviously excited about!

Introducing another great view!

Sorry, I guess I just can't keep my hands down in pics anymore!

Almost to the top of Observation Point with an amazing view that looks all the way back down valley.

Sweet waterfalls were everywhere

At the top and with sun! The spine to the left of Trev is called Angel's Landing and I think is Zion's most famous hike. We ended up doing it the next day and I have to say, I don't know when the last time I have been that scared was.

Check it...the last 1/2 mile (an option that not everyone elects to do) takes you along this spine to the very tip on the left. The trail is 3 feet wide in places with 1000-foot drops on either side! Luckily, in some places they had chains to hold on to, but honestly, I couldn't even believe this was open to the public, we will post more pics of us hiking it tomorrow!

I think Observation Point gave us the best views of any hike we did in the Park.

This really freaked me out!

Loving this scenery.

We got a ton of weather on this hike, rain, snow and luckily a patch of sun at the top! But come on, we came to Southern Utah to get out of the rain and it proved to be pretty chilly most of the trip, a bit unusual for them this time of year.

Trev looking tough in our campsite.

Finishing the night with a fire and a book. Couldn't ask for more!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kenny said...

Happy b-day Trevor! Looks like it was another great trip!

Love you, Lizard