Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The sweetest ride ever!

So I have had this thought in my head for a long time...I want a road bike. But I never got one and then forgot about it and whatever, you know how it is...until the last few weeks.

The idea was especially prominent in my head after this one "incident" when I was at the Beach House in Santa Barbara with my brother and Anna we went on a little ride, them on their road bikes and me on Trev's Uncle Pete's old mountain bike and they were literally a mile ahead and I was pedaling for my life trying to catch up and sweating and out of breath and missing all the great scenery just trying to get a glimpse of them, blah, blah and even though they are both Olympic athletes and they probably would have kicked my butt anyway...I decided then and there that I had to have a road bike. Pronto.

Fast forward to the bike swap this last weekend in Jackson...look who I found! It is a Kona Jake the Snake, kind of a hybrid beauty that I fell in love with instantly (cyclo-cross frame, road bike tires, fenders? cool, huh?) I snagged him and wouldn't let go, I mean would you pass up a bike that was that good looking? I didn't think so.

And then we bonded. I took it on it's inaugural ride on the other side of Teton Pass in Driggs, Idaho while Trevor and Ted played a round of golf. I think it was quite ideal, look at these roads and not a car in site!

So I went exploring and I couldn't stop. It was just so much fun, I think I made a great purchase which I define as something that will make you very happy!

Some of the sites I whizzed (hah) by...

I kind of love this big sky where you see sunshine and rain at the same time.

And I made some new friends. All in all, a success and there will be many more adventures to be had with Jake. By the way, a bike named after a wrestler? The coolest.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I have the same bike, same year (colors) Do you have any idea what year that is? I too love that bike!